- Check equipment throughly, inspect correctness of threads prior to use.
- While using, lift slowly & check frequently.
- Movement of load should be in the same direction as the Jack / Cylinder plunger.
- The Jack / Cylinder should be detached from the load only when it is fully retracted or otherwise use shut off valves to lock in pressure in the Jack / Cylinder.
- Avoid standing in the line of force.
Learn what is DOs and DON’Ts
Place the entire Jack / Cylinder base on a level, flat and solid surface. Use cylinder base wherever required, for more stability.
Never place any part of your body under the load. In case of absolute necessity, ensure solid & secure mechanical support before moving under it.
Optimize the supporting area of the load. The entire Jack / Cylinder saddle / top of plunger must be in contact with the load. The saddle distributes the load evenly on the plunger. In case of tilting saddles, refer to OEW for instructions for correct use.
Do not expose any equipment to intense heat / open fire or to temperatures above 65oC (150oF).
Do all the maintenance operations when equipment is at rest position.
Do not exceed nominal rating of load/stroke.Use a gauge to check pressure. Make sure that factory settings of relief valves are not changed.
Do not use any tool to operate manual commands. Do not use handle extenders specially for hand pumps.
Clean and protect equipment after use, always protect threads of all hydraulic equipment. Take proper care of components to provide safe operation.
Clean couplers before connecting, use dust caps when hose / coupler parts are not connected.
Prevent hoses from sharp bending / kinks / drops on them and keep them away from all the area under load. Avoid lifting Cylinders / Hand Pumps by hoses. Do not drive over hoses.
….AND LAST !!
- Think and anticipate possible areas of accidents and failures and take appropriate steps to avoid them.
- Provide adequate training to the operator.
- Check for safety labels on products and separately issued instruction manuals. Ensure that all safety measures have been taken to avoid the risk of injury and property damage from your application or system.
- Oriental Engineering Works Pvt. Ltd. cannot be held responsible for damage or injury caused by unsafe use, maintenance or applications of its products.